Need a workout that gets you results fast? Self has you covered.
You can tone, firm and burn quickly, and without any equipment. All you need is a little bit of space, a killer playlist and the right moves. Here are a few of our favorite bodyweight routines that will deliver major results-in 20 minutes or less.
- There's no better place to start than with your core. Tone and tighten your midsection with this five-minute ab routine.
- If you're looking to master one strength-training move, this is the best total-body exercise you can do. (Bonus: it also counts as cardio.)
- Spike your heart rate with this celeb-trainer designed 20-minute high-intensity workout.
- Combine cardio bursts with arm, leg, ab and butt strengthening exercises, and you've got this multitasking routine that's guaranteed to make you sweat.
- The secret behind this effective, 13-minute, fat-melting routine is stacking the movements.
Even if you won't be sporting cropped tops this Winter, a tight and toned stomach is always in season. Move through this effective circuit two to three times for a complete workout, and help tone your belly. The best part is that there's no equipment necessary! You can do this bodyweight routine just about anywhere.
And if you are anything like me, same goes for lunch. If I don't have something pre-made and ready to go, I end up skipping breakfast or lunch, sometimes both. Eek.
But... new year, new habits, right? With that, I'm sharing one of my new favorite ways to get a fast and easy bite in with minimal effort. Of course there's the added plus that it's a deliciously creamy homemade pudding. Win-win!
To start, the pudding takes less than 30 minutes to make and has a cashewmilk base, so it's non-dairy, gluten free and soy free. Yay to all of the above.
And to stay ahead of schedule, the pudding can be made up to three days ahead. Just remember to place plastic wrap directly on top of the pudding surface to prevent a "skin." Add some granola on top when you're ready to eat and you're all set to go.
Cashew pudding with raspberry granola recipe
Makes four 4-ounce servings
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups Silk® cashewmilk
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Combine cornstarch, sugar, salt, Silk® cashewmilk and cashew butter in a blender or food processor and pulse until well blended. Alternately, combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk vigorously.
- Transfer mixture to a heatproof bowl and place over (not on) simmering water for approximately 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pudding is ready when mixture coats the back of the spoon.
- Add chocolate or preferred flavor and stir to combine. Add vanilla and stir to combine.
Disclosure: This is part of a sponsored collaboration between SheKnows and Silk. All opinions are 100% my own.